All documents require Acrobat Reader to view them. Click HERE to download and install the FREE reader.
2017 Feral Hog Bounty Program Rules:
Agriculture & Natural Resource
- Conservation Ethics of Small Acreage LandownersThe word conservation often interpreted to mean “wise use” is derived from two latin words: con, meaning “together” and servance, meaning to “keep” or “guard”. Ethics is defined as “standards of conduct”. Thus, this publication deals with the “standard
- Stocking Rate: The Key Grazing Management DecisionWithout a doubt, stocking rate is the most important grazing management decision a rancher makes. Stocking rate is the amount of land alotted each animal for the entire grazable portion of the year.
- Understanding Forage Intake In Range AnimalsForage quality influences the performance of range livestock and wildlife, and it is often assumed that, if forage quality meets animal nutrient requirements, animal performance will meet expectations. However, forage intake can be at least as important
- Increasing Bare Ground Indicates Poor Watershed HeMost of the water in Texas comes from a vast land resource called rangeland, which is the state’s largest watershed.
- Reading Your Landscape: Are Your Pastures HealthyWater has always been a major limiting factor on Texas Rangelands. Every drought reminds us that forage production is not guaranteed every year and that management must be prepared for the inevitable forage shortfall even if livestock are properly stocked
- Brush Management Effects on Deer HabitatLearn how brush management decisions can affect deer habitat.
- Controlling Feral Hog DamageLearn how to control Feral Hog Damage
- Deer Proof LandscapingMost of us who live in the suburbs must share our environment with the native wildlife. This publication deal with the White-tail deer and the browsing habits and what we can do to insure that our landscape efforts will be damaged as little as possible.
- Factors Effecting Deer Diets & NutritionIn the past South Texas Ranchers focused on growing grass to enhance cattle production. However, increasing prices of wildlife hunting leases have encouraged a change in management priorities.
- Integrating Deer, Quail, And Turkey HabitatFind out how you can Enhance the habitat for Deer, Quail, and Turkey
- Livestock Grazing To Enhance Wildlife HabitatLearn how you can enhance your wildlife habitat thru proper livestock grazing systems
- Preservation Of South West Texas Wildlife
PSWTW is a local organization that provides support to landowners in Edwards County. The last line of defense protecting your livestock, your deer and other wildlife from overwhelming predator populations.
Private Pesticide Applicator Study Material
- Note Taking Worksheet w/ Answers
- Laws and Regulations Supplement
- Private Applicator Calibration Study Problems w/ Answers
- Private Pesticide Applicator Licensing Process